What exactly is a detox? Simply put, a detox is a process in which a person makes lifestyle changes to clear their body of toxins. These lifestyle changes typically involve abstaining from certain harmful things and optimizing body processes.
Toxins are any substance that can be poisonous or cause negative health effects. “Toxin” refers to all the metals, chemicals, pollutants, artificial food ingredients, pesticides, and poisons that cause the body harm.“Toxin” is a very broad term and it’s even, unfortunately, become a bit of a buzzword to some.
Some of the most common signs and symptoms of toxic accumulation in the body are headaches, fatigue or sluggishness, weight fluctuations, hormonal disruptions, acne, rashes, body odor, bad breath, congestion, trouble with digestion, muscle aches, worsening of inflammatory conditions like arthritis, and so on.
The reason typically given for a detox is to support the body’s perceived inability to manage this overload, which detox supporters suggest might otherwise lead to weight gain, cellulite, bloating, fatigue and ill health.
Moreover, they help boost energy levels, increase immunity, decrease allergies, improve metabolism, combat fatigue, maintain clear skin, stimulate circulation, aid in digestion and facilitate regular bowel movements, improve mental clarity and concentration, and nourish the body with healthy nutrients.
WEEKEND DETOX PLAN
Drink 250 ml warm water after waking up in the morning.
- Breakfast: 200 ml almond milk or low-fat yogurt, ½ cup of fresh blueberries, 250 ml water or green water, a cup of oat flakes with a spoon of linseed and warm water.
- Lunch: 1 melon slice, small banana, Swiss chard with potatoes and olive oil, grilled hake 250 g, 2 cups of salad (green veggies, tomato, arugula), 250 ml water.
- Snack: ¼ cup pumpkin seed, 180 ml plain yogurt, 250 ml water
- Dinner: ½ cup steamed veggies (broccoli or spinach), 150 g grilled tuna, pastry of integral flour, 2 cups salad + lemon juice + olive oil, 250 ml anise tea or water.
- Breakfast: 1 cup oat flakes and linseed 1 spoon, almond milk 200 ml OR diet yogurt and a pear. Also, have green tea.
- Lunch: 250 ml water, veggie soup (pepper, potato, beans, carrot, onion, celery), chicken breast 200 g (grilled), pickles 150 g.
- Dinner: integral pastry, nettle tea, carrot + beet salad and lemon juice over it.
you may like this: