Women who suffer from depression, fatty liver, high cholesterol level, pre –diabetes and gallbladder problems have difficulties with losing weight and staying healthy. Unexplained weight gain has been linked with hormonal imbalance for long time. As we grow older we are more likely to have problems with hormonal imbalance.
Your Personal Hormone Tune-Up
If you try to make some simple changes in your daily routine, it can be very helpful to maintain hormonal balance and thus control your weight and overall health.
Estrogen is a crucial hormone. When it is not balanced with the related hormone progesterone, it can cause water retention, memory loss, migraine and it will also cause fat accumulation around hips and thighs. It can accelerate the aging process as well.
Tune-Up Tricks For Clean Estrogen Receptors
- Topical Progesterone crème can act against estrogen dominance.
- Avoid copper-rich foods like nuts, seeds, avocados, chocolate and shell fish. Copper is proven to be closely linked with estrogen so women who use copper IUDs or birth control pills are more likely to have problems with estrogen dominance.
- Also always wash your fruits and vegetables well to clean them from herbicides, estrogen-mimicking pesticides and fungicides.
- You must stop re-heating food in plastic containers, and drink water from glass bottle or stainless steel not from plastic one.
- Don’t use personal care products that contain endocrine disruptors like parabens and phthalates.
- Defeat excess estrogen by using two tablespoons of lignin-rich toasted cold milled flax seeds every day. Sprinkle it on your food or put it in your smoothies.
- Season soup, stew, chili or other bean dishes with 2-3 cardamom seeds. Cardamom has an amazing ability to cleanse and detoxify the liver, which is crucial for hormone balancing.
- Control the estrogen metabolism by supplementing with DIM (diindolylmethane). Take 100 mg two times a day with meals.
- Insulin levels rise due to excessive intake of alcohol, sugar and caffeine. Also unhealthy meals rich in fat increase the blood sugar level, overload the receptor sites and accelerate fat accumulation. Insulin resistance occurs when the receptors are blocked which causes high sugar level and high triglycerides as well.