Dry and brittle hair is hard to adore. It is not soft and shiny, it’s not silky and smooth, and it’s not lustrous and definitely not sexy. It’s just dry, frizzy and brittle!
Method 1: Using Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is an extreme hydrator that helps to nourish dry and brittle hair. It provides all the essential proteins that are required to nourish and rejuvenate damaged hair.
Coconut oil also has antioxidants as well as antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties that help improve the damaged hair shafts and add shine to your hair.
Things you’ll need:
- Coconut oil
- Cotton ball
Warm up the oil and massage it on your scalp and hair
Warm up a small amount of coconut oil in a small bowl. Do not boil it, only warm it up.
Warming up the oil ensures deeper penetration into the very roots of your hair, thus nourishing it from the scalp to the ends.
- Soak a small amount of oil into a cotton ball and dab it on your scalp and hair. Alternatively, put a small amount of oil on your palm and apply it.
- Massage thoroughly with your fingertips for a few minutes.
- Allow the oil to sit for 2 to 3 hours, or you may leave it on overnight.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo and condition your hair.
- Use this remedy 2 or 3 times a week for best results.