When it comes to your backside, here’s the bottom line: To lift your butt, you have to build muscle. “Building new lean muscle will help develop a backside with a natural well-rounded shape.
Targets: Upper outer side of glutes
Staying on all fours and keeping your right leg straight, cross it behind your supporting left leg, tapping the floor with a pointed toe. Squeeze your glute and lift your right leg so that it’s in line with your right hip and parallel to the floor. Lower the leg to return to the tap. Be sure to keep your tailbone slightly tucked throughout the movement (don’t arch your back).
Targets: Center and upper glute
Start on all fours, your right leg pointed straight behind you. Lift your right leg 4 inches higher, keeping your hips angled down. Trace a box with your big toe clockwise, then reverse it and go counterclockwise. Try to create a deeper contraction with every box.
Targets: Side hips through the meaty center of glute
As before, begin with hands and knees on floor, right leg extended. Swing your right leg out to the side, in line with your hip. Bend your knee, bringing your heel inward toward your body. Then kick back out to the side with a straight leg. Focus on squeezing through the glute.
Targets: Side and center of glutes
Extend your right leg out to side in line with your hip. Pulse your right leg up and down about an inch at a moderate, steady pace.
This is an awesome way to relieve tension in your lower back and work your butt at the same time. (A cushy mat will keep your tailbone from crying afterward.)
Do it: Lie on your back with your arms at your sides with your knees bent and your feet on the floor.
- Lift your hips toward the ceiling. Hold for 1 count, and then lower back down.
- Repeat the lifts for 60 seconds, squeezing your glutes and hamstrings at the top of the range of motion. Be careful not to overarch your spine.
- To make this exercise more difficult, extend one leg at the top of the lift. Keep your thighs parallel and hold the lifted position for about 5 seconds.
- Keeping your hips up, place your foot back on the floor and then lower your hips.
- Repeat this exercise for 30 seconds; switch sides and do the move for another 30 seconds on the other leg.
PREVIOUS POST40 Sexiest Chokers Every Girl Should Own