I know you squat. That’s good, no really, it’s great. But are you tired of doing them? If you are, we totally understand and can relate. So here’s 8 moves that will mix your workout up a bit. These exercises target all the muscles in your glutes and hamstrings and will give you a fitter, firmer butt. Are you ready to look even sexier in those skinny jeans?
1: Single Leg Hip Raise
- Lie face-up on the floor with your left knee bent and your right leg straight.
- Raise your right leg until it’s in line with your left thigh.
- (A) Push your hips upward, keeping your right leg elevated.
- (B) Pause, then slowly lower your body and leg back to the start position.
- Complete the prescribed number of repetitions with your left leg, then switch and do the same number with your right leg.
2. Swiss Ball Hip Raise and Leg Curl
- Lie face-up on the floor and place your lower legs and heels on a Swiss ball.
- (A) Push your hips up so that your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- (B) Without pausing, pull your heels toward you and roll the ball as close as possible to your butt.
- (C) Pause for 1 or 2 seconds, then reverse the motion, by rolling the ball back until your body is in a straight line.
- Lower your hips back to the floor
3. Barbell Dead-lift
- Load the barbell and roll it against your shins.
- Bend at your hips and knees and grab the bar with an overhand grip, your hands just beyond shoulder width.
- (A) Without allowing your lower back to round, pull your torso back and up, thrust your hips forward, and stand up with the barbell. Squeeze your glutes as you perform the movement.
- (B) Lower the bar to the floor, keeping it as close to your body as possible.